terms & Conditions
(updated Jan 2021 - Covid-19/Coronavirus)
It is the responsibility of the named person on the booking form to agree, and accept responsibility for all booking conditions, including all payments due by specified dates. By completing the booking form and paying a deposit, you accept that you are entering into a contract and you agree to be bound by these conditions.
• TRIALS: Trials are not compulsory but are recommended. Appointments are held at Elle’s home studio Monday-Friday. Weekends are reserved for weddings and Saturday/Sunday trial appointments are subject to a 10% surcharge. After your trial, the wedding date will be held for 48 hours. If no deposit has been paid after 7 days of the trial, the date will be released for other bookings. You will be notified by email if your date is due to be released. If there has been no trial, Elle cannot accept responsibility if a chosen style or look does not work on a wedding day or there are circumstances where there is a mismatch in styles, approach, or expectations and a refund on the wedding day will not be offered. Trial appointments cancelled within 24 hours are required to pay the trial cost.
• DEPOSIT & BOOKING FEE: To book and confirm the wedding date a £100 deposit is required. Any outstanding trial & travel expenses are to be paid with the final payment if not paid before. £50 of your deposit will be held as a non refundable booking fee. The final balance is due during the month before the wedding date or if you are opting to pay by cash or card - this is due in full on the day.
• TRAVEL: Any outstanding travel expenses are to be paid in full on the day if they have not been included in the final payment/deposit. Travel is charged at 45p per mile. Costs to and from trial location & wedding venue/ location of bridal party are charged if travelling outside Bristol (past 15 miles round trip). Any parking, toll, congestion charge and/or accommodation costs incurred will be added to your final balance.
• CANCELLATIONS: In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel please let me know as soon as possible so that the date can be filled. Less than 12 weeks: Deposit is refundable minus booking fee. Less than 8 weeks: 50% of deposit is refundable minus booking fee. Less than 8 weeks: Deposit is non refundable. Less than 4 weeks: Paid final balance and deposit are non refundable. Deposit payments will be refunded via bank transfer less the booking fee and any trial costs that are applicable. Completed trial appointments will not be refunded. Members of the bridal party who cancel on the day will not be refunded, balance paid can be transferred to another member of the bridal party to use the makeup session booked if required.
• POSTPONEMENTS/CHANGE OF DATE: In the unfortunate event that you have to move your wedding date please let me know as soon as possible so that I can check availability. A postponement/change of date acts as a cancellation and may incur a fee. For postponements/change of date in regards to Coronavirus - please see update below.
• ALLERGIES/HEALTH CONCERNS: Please state at the time of booking if anyone has any known allergies to any cosmetic products. Please notify Elle if anyone in the bridal party has any cold sores/contagious skin/eye infections on the wedding day. Elle reserves the right to not use certain products on clients with cold sores/contagious skin/eye infections. Own lipsticks may be necessary in the event of cold sores. Elle will not be liable for any reactions to any of the products used. All products/tools are regularly replaced/sanitised.
• ILLNESS/EMERGENCY COVER: In the event of illness, injury or personal emergency, in the first instance Elle will endeavour to find a replacement Makeup Artist. Full trial notes and any relevant pictures will be given to replacement makeup artist to recreate the look at trial (if applicable). In the unlikely event that a replacement can not be found a full refund of deposit/balance paid will be given minus any trial costs.
• FORCE MAJEURE: Neither party shall be held liable or responsible to the other party nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement for failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement to the extent, and for so long as, such failure or delay is caused by or results from causes beyond the reasonable control of the affected party including but not limited to fire, floods, embargoes, war, acts of war (whether war be declared or not), acts of terrorism, insurrections, riots, civil commotions, strikes, lockouts or other labor disturbances, acts of God or acts, omissions or delays in acting by any governmental authority or the other party.
• Elle is not affiliated with any brand and does not sell products. You will need to purchase your own lip colour for touch ups, please contact for details of what was used at your trial. In some circumstances Elle can provide a personal shopping service and can purchase lipstick/any touch up makeup required on your behalf and add to your balance.
UPDATE JAN 2021: COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS: Client is responsible for notifying Elle of any health concerns of the bridal party she will be working on.
Elle reserves the right to not work with members of the bridal party who show signs of illness/have travelled to affected areas or who have had contact with ill persons/persons who have travelled to affected areas (in last 14 days).
No refunds will be given for on the day cancellations based on health concerns.
Client is responsible for bridal party taking reasonable care around hygiene practices on the wedding day.
If the client cancels before the event due to venue cancellation/health concerns please see cancellation terms as above.
POSTPONEMENTS/CANCELLATIONS: If the wedding is postponed or rescheduled the deposit/balance paid can be carried over to new date (dependant on availability). All payments towards the new date are non refundable should the new date be cancelled or postponed again.
If you choose to postpone your wedding to a date that Elle cannot fulfil, the deposit is non refundable, no further costs or charges are incurred.
If you cannot proceed with your chosen date because of a national lockdown then all balances can be moved to the new date (see above). Deposits will be refunded (minus booking fee) if wedding is cancelled due to a national lockdown.
If wedding is cancelled outside of a lockdown and no further date is booked please see cancellation terms as above.