terms & Conditions
(updated Feb 2021 - Covid-19/Coronavirus)
It is the responsibility of the named person on the booking form to agree, and accept responsibility for all booking conditions, including all payments due by specified dates. By completing the booking form and paying a booking fee, you accept that you are entering into a contract and you agree to be bound by these conditions.
• TRIALS: Trials are not compulsory but are recommended. Appointments are held at Elle’s home studio Monday-Friday. Weekends are reserved for weddings. After your trial, the wedding date will be held for 48 hours. If no booking fee has been paid after 48 hours of your trial, the date will be released for other bookings. You will be notified by email if your date is due to be released. If you have decided not to have a trial, Elle cannot accept responsibility if a chosen style or look does not work on a wedding day or there are circumstances where there is a mismatch in styles, approach, or expectations and a refund on the wedding day will not be offered. Cancellation fees are applicable if you cancel your appointment within 24 hours of the appointment time or do not show up for your appointment.
• BOOKING FEE: A non refundable booking fee of £100 is required to confirm your date in the diary.
• PAYMENTS: Are to be made by bank transfer. The final balance is due one month before the wedding date or if you are opting to pay by cash or card - this is due in full on the day.
• TRAVEL: Based on wedding venue/ location of bridal party, mileage is charged at 45p per mile after the first 20 miles. £20 per hour travel time. Any venue over 2 hours drive will require accommodation the night before to ensure no issue with traffic on the wedding morning. Any outstanding travel expenses are to be paid in full on the day if they have not been included in the final payment. Any parking, toll, congestion charge and/or accommodation costs incurred will be added to your final balance.
• CANCELLATIONS: In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel please let me know as soon as possible so that the date can be filled. The booking fee is non refundable. If you cancel your wedding within 4 weeks to date, the paid final balance is non refundable. Completed trial appointments will not be refunded. Members of the bridal party who cancel on the day will not be refunded, balance paid can be transferred to another member of the bridal party to use the makeup session booked if required.
• POSTPONEMENTS/CHANGE OF DATE: In the unfortunate event that you have to move your wedding date please let me know as soon as possible so that I can check availability. A postponement/change of date acts as a cancellation and may incur a fee. For postponements/change of date in regards to Coronavirus - please see update below. If you have to change your wedding date to another year a supplement may be applicable to bring inline with price increases for the year.
• ALLERGIES/HEALTH CONCERNS: Please state at the time of booking if anyone has any known allergies to any cosmetic products. Please notify Elle if anyone in the bridal party has any cold sores/contagious skin/eye infections on the wedding day. Elle reserves the right to not use certain products on clients with cold sores/contagious skin/eye infections. Own lipsticks may be necessary in the event of cold sores. Elle will not be liable for any reactions to any of the products used. All products/tools are regularly replaced/sanitised.
• ILLNESS/EMERGENCY COVER: In the event of illness, injury or personal emergency, in the first instance Elle will endeavour to find a replacement Makeup Artist. Full trial notes and any relevant pictures will be given to replacement makeup artist to recreate the look at trial (if applicable). In the unlikely event that a replacement can not be found a full refund of balance paid will be given minus booking fee and/or outstanding trial costs (if applicable)
• FORCE MAJEURE: Neither party shall be held liable or responsible to the other party nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement for failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement to the extent, and for so long as, such failure or delay is caused by or results from causes beyond the reasonable control of the affected party including but not limited to fire, floods, embargoes, war, acts of war (whether war be declared or not), acts of terrorism, insurrections, riots, civil commotions, strikes, lockouts or other labor disturbances, acts of God or acts, omissions or delays in acting by any governmental authority or the other party.
• Elle is not affiliated with any brand and does not sell products. You will need to purchase your own lip colour for touch ups, please contact for details of what was used at your trial. In some circumstances Elle can provide a personal shopping service and can purchase lipstick/any touch up makeup required on your behalf and add to your balance.
UPDATE COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS: Client is responsible for notifying Elle of any health concerns of the bridal party she will be working on.
Elle reserves the right to not work with members of the bridal party who show signs of illness/have travelled to affected areas or who have had contact with ill persons/persons who have travelled to affected areas (in last 14 days).
No refunds will be given for on the day cancellations based on health concerns.
Client is responsible for bridal party taking reasonable care around hygiene practices on the wedding day.
If the client cancels before the event due to venue cancellation/health concerns please see cancellation terms as above.
POSTPONEMENTS/CANCELLATIONS: If the wedding is postponed or rescheduled the balance paid can be carried over to new date (dependant on availability). All payments towards the new date are non refundable should the new date be cancelled or postponed again.
If you choose to postpone your wedding to a date that Elle cannot fulfil, the booking fee is non refundable, no further costs or charges are incurred.
If you cannot proceed with your chosen date because of a national lockdown then all balances can be moved to the new date without incurring any charges.
If wedding is cancelled outside of a lockdown and no further date is booked please see cancellation terms as above.